ALL COURSE LINKS
CU PHOTOGRAPHY LINKS
OPEN PHOTOGRAPHY CLASSES
– Free, Online Photography magazine with portfolio work and interviews.
– Fred Ritchin looks at a ‘post-photographic’ world.
American Suburb X
– Online photography magazine and archive with reviews, interviews and comment on photographic work past and present.
A Photo Editor
– Notes and images from the desk of a photo editor
– A New York based organisation promoting photography through events, books, exhibitions and workshops.
– Jörg M. Colberg critiques, questions and deconstructs contemporary photography.
– Professor David Campbell analyzes how documentary photography and photojournalism works in the 21st Century.
The Documentary Blog
– The world of documentary filmaking with trailers, events and reviews of latest films.
– Examining the place of photography in contemporary culture, courtesy of the National Media Museum.
– Website of Foto8 magazine and Host Gallery in London, regular exhibitions, events and competitions.
Indie Photobook Library
– The latest independently published photobooks and zines. See also ‘The Independent Photobook’
– A great resource for contemporary photography featuring a vast number of known and lesser known artists.
– A daily journal that explores contemporary photography and offers opportunities for exposure and community.
– An unraveling of the current state of photography as a means of communication and form of art from our own Jonathan Shaw.
– Mikko Takkunen keeps this blog up to date with all the latest photo essays, interviews and photojournalism features.
The Photo Book Club
– Wayne Ford and Matt Johnston focus on one significant photobook each month, and invite comments from followers.
– An online magazine that focuses on artists using lens-based media in the UK and Ireland.
– Publisher and commentator – producing exhibitions, books, participation and learning projects and events including the Brighton Photo Biennial.
Source Photographic Review
– Contemporary photography magazine based in Belfast with articles also available online.
This Is The What
– Photo editor Kate Osba regularly interviews many of the leading editorial photographers working today.
Wayne Ford’s Posterous
– Wayne Ford reviews a wide range of photobooks and exhibitions from around the world
What’s The Jackanory?
– Editorial photographer Andrew Hetherington blogs about professional life, assignments and time on the road.
UK GALLERIES – A small selection of galleries and museums
Belfast – Belfast Exposed
Bradford – Impressions Gallery
Bradford – National Media Museum
Cardiff – Third Floor Gallery
Coventry – Herbert Art Gallery
Leeds – White Cloth
Liverpool – Open Eye
London – The Photographers Gallery
Newcastle – Side Gallery
Alongside the above links to foundations, organisations, magazine and publishers, it is important that you are able to see the work of your fellow students on the course. Below are the blog address of both year 2 and 3 students…
Year 3 Students
Year 2 Students